As summer hits, the desire to spend time outside with family and friends increases. From backyard barbecues to evening parties, having an outdoor living space for entertaining can be a great addition to your home.
But if you have a smaller outdoor space, it can be hard to imagine transforming it into a place for entertaining. Maybe you have a small patio, or a tiny backyard that does not seem big enough to use as an outdoor living space. Or perhaps you have a smaller home, and you would like to expand your usable space but are not sure how.
Just because you have limited space does not mean you have limited possibilities! You do not have to build a giant deck to have a fun, comfortable outdoor living space that welcomes friends and family alike for relaxing hours spent enjoying each other’s company. There are a variety of things you can do to maximize the use of your space:
- Use an indoor-outdoor design that seamlessly melds your home’s interior décor with your exterior space.
- Install a fire pit that gives you a fun focal point for your outdoor area.
- Tastefully fill your outdoor space with a nice, weather-resistant table and chair set will make entertaining simple! Using folding furniture will easily let you convert your space to your needs and help open up the area if you want.
- Take advantage of multipurpose accessories to help with storage and space conservation – if you are working with a mostly concrete or brick patio, these storage spaces can also provide an area to add some greenery to your outdoor space.
- Lack of space does not mean lack of utility – consider vertical planters for herbs and smaller vegetables to truly maximize the potential of your patio or smaller yard.
- And more – the possibilities truly are unlimited! All you need is your creativity and a professional team to help put your space together.
If you are considering remodeling your smaller outdoor space, there are a few things you want to make sure you think about before jumping in with both feet. For example, do you want your outdoor space to be more for entertainment or utility? Are you hoping to install a garden or add any landscaping? Do you have a visual focal point of interest, like a water feature, or is that something that you would want to add?
Even if you do not have the perfect layout in your mind before speaking with a contractor, having some idea of what you are looking for can be a huge help when it comes to creating your design and planning out the best use of your space for your needs. After all, if you are going to be inviting a team of remodeling experts into your space, you want to make sure that they are working on something that is going to make you happy for years to come!
If you are ready to make the most of your outdoor space, get in touch with DES Home Renovations today. Let’s work together to discuss your plans and create your dream outdoor living space!